Home About Me Korean Progress korean help follow
시험 학습 계획 #2 posted at 09:12

Unfortunately it has reached that time where I only have five weeks left till my Summer final exams start ㅠㅠ This means I have to think of a good study plan to go over. As much as the review tests were stressful during term times it has helped me to review chapters 5-20 material and remember it better than studying it all at once before my final exam. Much like I have showed you before, I have made now a study plan to make extensive notes for chapters 21-25! So I can add them to my existing notes for other chapters and then review it all completely.

Chapter Twenty-One 


  • Review the conditional form - (으) 면 and it's various uses;
        - - (으) 면  meaning "If.../When(ever)..."
  • Review the form -(으) 면 in relation to hopes and wishes;
        - - (으) 면 좋겠어요 meaning "I wish/hope..." similar to "It would be good if...."
       
    - (으) 면 얼마나 좋겠어요? meaning "How wonderful would it be if...?"
  • Review the form - (으) 면 in relation to polite requests;
        - - (으) 면 고맙겠어요 meaning "I would be grateful if you..."
        - - 해 주셨으면 합니다 meaning "I should be grateful if..." which is more hypothetical
  • Review the other cognitional uses of -(으) 면 form;
        - - 지 않으면 안 돼요/ 안 하면 안 돼요 used for Obligations
       
    - (으) 면 안 돼요 used for Denial of Permission
  • Review the intentive form - (으)려(고) which means "Intending to..."
  • Review the form - (으) 려면 meaning "If one intends to.../If you intend to..."
  • Look at the adverb and it's new meaning of "Just/only" softening suggestions/commands
  • Review the - (는) 군요! sentence ending which is used for First Realisations 
Chapter Twenty-Two

  • Review the form - (으)면서(도) which is used to state "While..."
  • Learn about the contrast use of - (이) 면 as it wasn't learnt in lessons
  • Review the -네요 sentence ending which is used for Mild Exclamations/Surprise 
  • To re-learn the Grammar Note 22.4 about the abbreviated verbs and manner and colour as I didn't fully understand the meaning when looked at in lessons
  • Review the transferentive verb form - 다(가) which is used to state a Change in Action or a Circle of Action
  • Re-learn the Grammar Note 22.6 which looks again at the auxiliary verb 말아요 including the use of 말고 as a Pseudo-Particle
  • Review the form - (으) ㄴ/- 는 김에 meaning "As long as you're at it.../As long as we are..."
  • Review the modifier form - (으) ㄴ/- 는 것 같아요 which means "It seems like..."
Chapter Twenty-Three

  • Review the imminent elaboration with circumstantial form - 는데(요), - (으)ㄴ데(요) which has various meanings
  • Review the form - 는/ - (으) ㄴ데도 which means "In spite of...ing"
  • Learn the other uses of in the Grammar Note 23.3 as it wasn't learnt in the lesson
  • Review the postnoun - 네 and the diminutive - 이 which is put on the end of names
  • Overview the future prospective modifier - (으) ㄹ that had been learnt in previous lessons 
  • Look over the Grammar Note 23.6 on prospective modifier clauses as it explains different ways the modifier is used
  • Review the form plain/past base + - (으) ㄹ 때 which means "When..."
  • Review also the different forms of the - (으) ㄹ 때 form;
        - - (으) ㄹ 때마다 meaning "Every time.../Whenever..."
        - 
    - (으) ㄹ 때부터 meaning "Ever since..."
        - 
    - (으) ㄹ 때까지 meaning "Until..."
  • Review the form - (으) ㄹ 것 같아요 which means "It seems like it will..."
  • Review the form - (으)려다가 which means "Was going to..." or "But..."
Chapter Twenty-Four
  • Review the - (으) ㄴ 후에 form which means "After...ing"
  • Look over the Grammar Note 24.2 on modifier clauses: "While..ing"
  • Review the form - (으) ㄴ/-는 바람에 which means "Because of...ing" which has negative connotations
  • Learn the adverbative verb form -게 as it wasn't fully covered in lessons as well with the causative form -게 해요 
  • Learn the form -게 돼요 which means "Gets so that.../turns out so that..."
  • Learn the form -는 게 좋겠어요 meaning "It would be best to..."
  • Look over Grammar Note 24.8 regarding Expressing Intentions as it wasn't covered in lessons
  • Learn the form - (으) ㄴ / -는 대 which means either "As soon as..." or "In accordance with..."
Chapter Twenty-Five
  • Quickly review the short grammar notes and make sure you fully understand their uses and meanings alongside with the more detailed notes you have made yourself
  • Complete all the English to Korean translations and Korean to English translations for practice and memorise them
Additional Studying
  • Study all the dialogues and reading practices from chapter 5-25 and make sure to know these off by heart as it helps greatly with exam translation
  • Cover all the vocabulary and not just those words in the dialogue including all verb meanings

I am currently on my Easter break and it seems like I can finally rest but as I have said before, the earlier you start studying the easier it is when it gets closer to the exam. Slowly and steadily studying works far better than fitting it all in at once. This also means you are able to remember it better after the exam, especially as I have to continue the studying over the Summer for my arrival exam when I arrive at University in Korea ^^

Therefore with this post I apologise if I seem vacant for the next month or so but I will be studying super diligently! Hopefully with my preparation for my exams I can bring you also more useful study guides!


Labels: , ,

안녕하세요
My name is 루시 (Lucy) and I am a 2nd year student of BA Korean in London, but currently I am studying at Korea University in Seoul.

This blog will include helpful tips and hints on how to learn the Korean language but will also show my own progress in studying.

I will also aim to post reviews on Korean products and will post videos of my adventures.

Credits
Layout and header image by mymostloved with base image, brushes and background.